For visitors to Antigua and Barbuda the following entry requirements apply:
Most European Union citizens (see list below) do not require a visa to enter Antigua and Barbuda on holiday or business. Persons visiting are permitted to stay as long as their business takes, provided that:
a) this is no longer than six months
b) they possess a passport with a minimum of six months validity from their date of departure
c) they have an onward or return ticket
d) they have confirmation of accommodation
e) they can produce evidence of their ability to maintain themselves in Antigua and Barbuda
VISA/ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
Opening Times Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5.00pm. Appointments are not necessary. The processing time for visa applications is approximately 5 working days.
Applicants will be informed of the collection date once their application and all supporting documentation has been received and processed. Please note, delays in processing can occur. The processing times quoted are approximates and cannot be guaranteed. It will not be possible to expedite a case simply because the applicant has not allowed sufficient time for the application to be processed.
Persons requiring a visa for Antigua and Barbuda:
(Please list below or confirm with the High Commission)
|Reciprocal Visa-free Access for Diplomatic, Official and/or Ordinary Passport holders of Antigua and Barbuda|
|Albania||El Salvador||Lesotho||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Cape Verde||Hungary||Nepal*||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Costa Rica||Isle of Man||Panama*||United Arab Emirates**|
|Cuba||Jamaica||Philippines||Uzbekistan (effective 1st Jan.,2020)|
|Czech Republic||Kiribati*||Portugal||Vatican City|
|Ecuador||Latvia||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|British Overseas Territories|
|Akotiri and Dhekelia||Cayman Islands||Montserrat||Isle of Man|
|Bermuda||Guernsey||Turks and Caicos|
|British Virgin Islands||Jersey||Pitcairn Islands|
|French Overseas Departments & Collectives|
|French Guiana||Martinique||Saint Pierre & Miquelon|
|French Polynesia||New Caledonia||Wallis & Futuna|
|French Southern and Antarctic Lands||St. Barth’s|
|Other European dependent territories:|
|Jan Mayen (Norway)||Faroe Islands (Denmark)|
|Other Countries which do not require visas for entry into Antigua and Barbuda:|
|Korea||Norway and Colonies||South Korea|
|United States of America||Argentina|
|* Visa granted upon arrival||++Visa granted upon arrival.|
|**Visa waiver for Diplomatic and Official passports|
|Citizens of Countries which do not appear on the above lists, require a visa.|
|Please note that citizens of the following Commonwealth countries now require a visa for entry into Antigua and Barbuda:
Bangladesh, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, India, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sierra Leone and Sri Lanka.
Cruise ship visitors who would normally require a visa would not require one provided that they arrive in Antigua and Barbuda in the morning and depart the same evening.
‘Intransit’ passengers traveling within the same day, who normally require a visa, do not need a visa for entry into Antigua and Barbuda, provided that they have proof of their onward journey, and they do not leave the ‘controlled space’ of the airport.
Documentation required when applying for a visa:
- Completed application form.
- Valid passport or travel document with valid transit or re-entry permit for any country for which you may be ticketed, such as the United Kingdom (please note, the passport must valid for a minimum life of 6 months from the date of arrival in Antigua and Barbuda, and must have one completely blank page for the issuance of the visa.)
- A recent color passport photograph (45mm x 35mm).
- Visa fee: Single entry £30.00 Multiple entry £40.00
- Exact money is requested if submitted in person in order to avoid delays.
- Postal order made payable to the Antigua and Barbuda High Commission (if submitted within the United Kingdom).
- Sterling International Money Order (if application is being sent from outside the United Kingdom) Money orders must be issued in pounds. Money orders in any other currency will not be accepted.
PERSONAL CHEQUES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Evidence of proposed journey into and out of Antigua and Barbuda i.e. ticket or confirmation of your booking from the travel agent. Multiple entry visas are only granted to applicants who produce evidence of multiple entries into Antigua and Barbuda.
- Proof of accommodation for the length of your stay or a letter of invitation from your host. For students, please provide the acceptance letter from your school, and the details of where you will be staying prior to the commencement of your studies. For individuals traveling on business, please provide a letter from your employer stating the purpose of your trip.
- Kindly include £7.00 for return registered postage within Europe.
- Proof of funds to finance the trip i.e. bank statements for the previous two months.
- A police record may be required if requested by the visa-issuing office.
Please contact the Antigua and Barbuda High Commission for any further information on visa and entry requirements.